Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Energy Re-Directed, back on the Right Track"

My my my, it has been a mighty long time since we sat down for a little conversation (me sharing with you and you reading what I am sharing with you).  Ok now that I think about it that is a one sided conversation, yet I digress.

Sooo today I stumbled upon (this is also a pretty awesome website Stumbleupon.com) an article that really touched on a somewhat sensitive topic for me.  Well Blissful, what topic is that?  I know I know, perked your curiousity just a bit right?  I read about the emotional struggle so many women face in regards to their body image!!  In the United States, we are such a media driven society and that media (television, movies, music videos, magazines etc.) have created a very very dysfunctional view of what it means to be "Fly", Fine, Super Bad, Beautiful, Gorgeous, Sexy, Irresistable" and so on.  Most women that, by media's standards, fit into these categories are depicted as a size 0-6


 and in "Real Life" most women fluctuate between a 10-14.  Amazing that the pictures of the perfect (doesn't really exist) woman are stuck so stubbornly in our minds. We view these pictures mentally more times in a day than many of us would ever let on. They are usually non-realistic and PHOTO-SHOPPED to boot (ain't nobody got time for that stinkin' thinkin')! 

I read this mind altering article (for really real, it altered my stinkin' thinkin'), it reminded me of one simple truth that somehow I had forgotten and that is: "When talking about weight and self image, remember that you can only compare yourself today with yourself yesterday, and work to improve yourself. "  The article titled, "A Plus Size Model’s Message to Women: Believe in Your Own Beauty" (can be found at http://www.tlvfaces.com/a-plus-size-models-message-to-women-believe-in-your-own-beauty/).  After reading this one statement and looking at pictures of some healthy and visually stunning women,







my energy was re-directed and I can say I am officially back on the right track. 



I'm taking a deep breath and jumping back into a healthier way of living. I am again getting laser focused and determined to be a better me today than I was yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I needed this sis! I'm about to stretch and do home exercises right now! It actually helps me feel good about myself when I look in the mirror, & overall--stretching is good! If u cannot exercise, at least stretch! It helps with all kinds of back problems, muscle tightness, and so on! God bless u woman of God & I thank God for u*

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those women are utterly gorgeous, might I add! Their confidence makes them look more stronger & appealing! Kudos*-*

    ReplyDelete