Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"LIVE", Don't Beat Around the Bush

Today was one of those days, ya know what I mean?  Started out pretty good, I heard some inspiring words on the radio and felt I was ready to be productive and let my little light shine (HA).  The day (oh infamous Hump Day") gave me a run for my money. 

Wednesday began for me, with the Yolanda Adams morning show.  The word was in a nut shell, LIVE and LIVE LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY!!!  In listening to this short message from Yolonda's (not sure which is the proper way to spell her name and truthfully to tired to look it up) co-workers, I gained the following insight:  If you struggle in believing that you were lovingly, fearfully and wonderfully created to live life and live it more abundantly, then try reading His word to get evidence and believing His word and in His revelations to gain confidence.  Pumped up on this message I set out to drink in the day, because after all life is all around us right?  It's in the color and sounds of the trees, the fragrance of summer's flowers, the hypnotic beats of your favorite songs, a preacher preachin' and a teacher teachin'. 
Work was hectic, but with some mental determination and good old Mountain Dew, I survived the challenge  =).  I had plans, oh some wonderful plans to listen to some FREE live jazz after work BUT, those plans were quickly thwarted by a slow computer (could not log off my super special work computer..grrrrrrr) and a very very flat tire on my car.  As I looked at my car, deep breaths keeping me from screaming at the top of my lungs, I tried to think, WHY OH WHY TODAY???  I had to stop for a moment though and thank God for His perfect timing.  My tire went flat at work and not on I-94 while going 75 miles per hour and for placing awesome co-workers in my life who came to my rescue (you know who you are).  As my car was being fixed, the winds gently blowing (one of the nicest summer evenings we have experienced here in Michigan in a while) and the conversation so nice and relaxing, all I could do is say...living la vida loca and laugh to myself. It was challenging, frustrating but very enjoyable all within a 1 1/2 hour span. 

I didn't want a flat tire, nor a slow computer, or to put my co-workers out but as for me I can truly say I drank in my day fully.  Today I lived life with all it's curves and I did not beat around the bush (I did the doggone thang).  In doing so, I enjoyed myself and am thankful for the summer breeze on this infamous "Hump Day".




2 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on this day, reminder that there's much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady, I love how much a different perspective and an attitude of gratitude can impact your entire day :)

    ReplyDelete