Monday, October 29, 2012

Heed The Warning and Just Answer The Call!!

Growing up, my beloved great grandmother (Sis. U.D. Shugart Bryant) kept her grandchildren as close to God and in church as much as she possibly could.  We went to Sunday School, morning service, evening service, prayer meetings, bible study, vacation bible school (faithfully EVERY SUMMER) and probably many other services that my special memory can not remember.  Being around what we call "Church Folk" or as my mother would say, "The Good Christians",  we heard and picked up many cliche statements.  Often we repeated these little sayings, having no clue of their meaning or even knowing if we really believed the words that were coming out of our mouths..LOL.  One of these statements was brought oh so gently to my mind tonight, so gently that although I would simply LOVE to be SLEEPING, here I sit typing until my lil' heart is content (can you hear the sarcasm?).  Many say" "Anyone can praise God but you must intimately know and dare I say love Him to Worship Him".  I have heard it, questioned it and kept it moving many times.  However, tonight as I listened intently to the words of a song (attempting to rehearse) that not so long ago I thought was for "Older Saints" it occurred to me that this statement was and still is so deeply true.  The song was "When The Saints Go To Worship" by Donald Lawrence.  Ok this may be your jam and that's ok, but you should know I am a little special (so don't judge me), ahhh moving on. 



The words came alive to me tonight and in just moments I was transported from an average mundane "I have to moment" to a small space where it was truly just my Heavenly Father and me, vibing (It was lovely).  What is really funny, or maybe not so much is that over the years God has impressed upon me to do many things and out of nervousness, fear and Lack of FAITH (yes yes yes I admit it...L.O.F) I was disobedient and did not move when He said sweet heart move this way or sing when He presented opportunites for me to sing or EVEN write when He generously gave me such eloquent words to write.  God does not change!!  If He wanted you to do it then, I would be willing to bet you some yummy Cold Stone Creamery Cheese Cake icecream that He STILL Wants YOU to Dust Yourself Off And DO IT NOW!!!  Something we need to know and remember about God is that to Him, our obedience is far better than our sacrifice (Thanks Bro. Howell you really brought this point home for me).  God knows that many things that will make our homes, childhoods, neighborhoods, work environments, relationships, finances, health and world better, can only be achieved when we step outside of our comfort zones, have real faith in Him (really believing that nothing is impossible to God and with God) and are obedient to His Divine promptings and instructions....  When the same message is coming to you loud and clear from what seems like EVERY direction, do yourself and those who need what has been placed in you a favor, Heed the Warning and Just Answer the Call!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment